Sunday, September 16, 2012

Short Vowel Review...

We are approaching the end of the first six weeks.  (Wow, time FLIES...)

So far most of my third graders have worked well with our spelling and now we are at REVIEW time.  We will be reviewing short vowel sounds. I decided I would create a "Cut and Sort" activity for my monkeys.  



We use Open Court materials for reading and spelling.  The first unit focuses on Friendship and short vowel sounds review for spelling.

The green cards are the labels for sorting.


There are 50 words in all to sort.


The recording page lets kids write down their sorts.  This helps with brain retention.


I like to have certain students do this activity with me in small group.  It gives me an idea of who has really mastered short vowels and who needs more practice.

If you would like this activity, please click here to go to my TpT store.  It's only $2.00!!!

I hope you are having a fabulous day!  What kinds of things do you do for review of short vowel sounds?  I'd love to have more ideas!

The Zookeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment