Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ready, Set, GO!!

Greetings from the ZOO!!!

It has felt like a zoo this week. We have been learning about simple machines.  The kids always LOVE this unit.

They had a project to make a vehicle to race against their classmates and all of third grade.  It always amazes me at what they come up with.

Well, my monkey #2 is also in third grade with me this year.  He teacher is one of my great friends.  When she told them of this assignment, he came home SOOOOO excited.  (Me, not so much!  Haha...)

He said, "Mom, I'm building a TANK!"  I was thrilled at his creativity.  Here are pictures of the finished project. :)



His tank was a little bigger than the racing lanes, but hey... it actually went the farthest distance! He was so excited and proud. 

(Shh... so was I.)

I helped him hot glue, but other than that, he did it. :)

What kinds of projects do you do for simple machines??

The Zookeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment