Sunday, September 2, 2012

OPEN HOUSE & A Little Organization...

OPEN HOUSE...The MEET and GREET!

It's here. That fabulous time when you get to connect with new (and some old) parents and children.  You are excited to see your new little monkeys and they are delighted to see you.  (Well, most of them are.)  It is a great time to build that bridge from school to home.

My best advice...put a SMILE on your face and KEEP IT THERE!!!  No matter what is said or done.  Just be HAPPY that you are back with your new zoo recruits.

You should know by now that parents can usually tell if someone is going to be interested in their child or interested in a paycheck.  So, be prepared and look happy.


BE ORGANIZED!

Over the years there have been a few things that parents always like about my classroom and management.  One is that I have a website where information is easily accessible.  You can check it out here. Let me know what you think!

The other is keeping them informed by giving them a hands on copy of information.  One thing that I make sure I do is give them a copy of our daily schedule at OPEN HOUSE (or whatever you call your first get together with parents).  I try my BEST to fit this on ONE sheet.  I give them a color copy to put on their 'fridge.
 




Parents are thankful because they can easily see when we have specialty and lunch.  It can also be a great help when determining a doctor or dentist appointment.

Parents often remark about how organized I am.  I know that my schedule has to be outside my classroom door for administrators, so this isn't any extra work for me.  I just print it out for parents, too.

You can download my schedule here at my TpT store.  It is in Word form so that it is editable to suit your needs.

I hope that it helps!  It can tame some of the zoo atmosphere! ;)

The Zookeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment